So you are going for Jail break than you are looking for way to put your latest iPhone on DFU Mode. DFU or Device firmware upgrade comes handy for many occasions and especially while jail breaking your iPhone.
So what is DFU Mode ?
So you must be searching what is the DFU Mode in iPhone or in iPad? Well DFU is acronym of device firmware upgrade is a state where your device can connect with iTunes and it will not load iOS or Boot loader.
Why you need to learn about DFU Mode?
You it will help you to restore your Apple device when nothing works perfectly. User can also upgrade or downgrade firmware with the help of iOS DFU Mode.
How to put iPhone in DFU Mode
- First of all you need to plug your device into Mac or Windows PC
- Turn off your device with Top Power button and Slide to power off on the right side
- Once your device completely turned off, hold down the power button for 3 seconds
- And after that without leaving Power button, hold down home button for 10 seconds (hold both buttons at the same time)
- After 10 seconds, leave Power button and keep holding the Home button until you got a pop up from iTunes.
- You will get this pop up “iTunes has detected and iPhone in recovery mode, you must restore this phone before it can be used with iTunes”
This technique will work fine with any of you iPhone whether it is iPhone 4, 5, 6 or latest iPhone 7. You can also put your iPad in DFU mode with this trick.
How to leave DFU Mode
If you stuck in DFU mode and don’t want to restore your phone than hold down power button and home button at the same time for at least 10 seconds and after that Apple logo will appear on the screen.
Let us know your experience with iPhone DFU mode and share this if you find this helpful.